Trail reports

General discussion on skiing, club news and events, ride sharing and other topics relevant to KNSC.
barrow

Trail reports

Postby barrow » 16 Nov 2009, 15:18

Don't get me wrong - I really appreciate the fantastic job done by the groomers every winter! However, I often find that the information posted about trail conditions is inadequate. Because of the distance, I am largely limited to skiing once a week - usually on Saturdays. Unfortunately, very often the only information on the web site on Friday evening or Saturday morning is that the trails were groomed on Tuesday, which doesn't help a lot - especially when there may have been one or more mild days in the meantime where I live (near Trenton). This occurred several times last season, and often for want of information I decided to stay at home, rather than waste fuel (and contribute to global warming) driving a three-hour round trip only to find the trails unusable. I suspect I missed more than one good day's skiing as a result.

So if there is anybody who is lucky enough to live near KNSC and able to use the trails towards the end of the week (or any other day, for that matter) it would be a great help if you could take a few moments afterwards to post a message on this forum about the trail conditions. I'm sure I am not the only person who has a long drive to the trails and would appreciate knowing what conditions are like before leaving home.

Looking forward to another great season,
Geoff
Timo

Re: Trail reports

Postby Timo » 17 Nov 2009, 21:27

Geoff

There are a bunch who ski during the week. I will make a point in trying to post conditions on the Forum.

Also if you are thinking of coming up a certain day, post a day or two before and you might get some replies

Cheers

Tim
barrow

Re: Trail reports

Postby barrow » 18 Nov 2009, 07:40

Thank you, Tim! That would be a great help, and I would appreciate it.

Geoff

Return to “General”