Logging

General discussion on skiing, club news and events, ride sharing and other topics relevant to KNSC.
bhedney

Logging

Postby bhedney » 12 Dec 2009, 18:15

The skiing today (December 12th) was excellent for early season. As always, kudos are in order for our wonderful trail groomers!
Whilst skiing today, the status of the logging in the northern area of our trails system was one of the main topics of discussion. Maybe someone "in the know" could update us on this. Is it going to last all winter? If not, when will we be able use the Owl and P-L trails again?
buster

Re: Logging

Postby buster » 13 Dec 2009, 08:57

Talked to one of the workers on the Owl and he said those trails would not be available this year to the skiers. Probably true.
barrow

Postby barrow » 13 Dec 2009, 12:17

This logging was announced in a newsletter in February, but at the time, we were told "We don't expect any major disruption to the trails next winter". It certainly looked to me yesterday as if this logging is seriously disrupting the trails at the moment! Strange that the club hasn't given us any more information about this. Some of us have paid our membership under the impression that all the trails would be available to us.
Geoff
Timo

Postby Timo » 13 Dec 2009, 20:30

I have heard that trails will be open early in the new year (early to mid -Jan).
T_
marcus

Postby marcus » 16 Dec 2009, 13:25

Thanks for the update regarding logging (found on the homepage). I look at the silver lining in all this, aside from the excellent infrastructure benefits: if the grooming crew has fewer km of trails to manage, more work can be put into the available trails; also, people will be more likely to explore trails that they perhaps haven't been to, or don't use very often.
I'm a glass-half-full man. Cheers!

Return to “General”