2010 Double Double

General discussion on skiing, club news and events, ride sharing and other topics relevant to KNSC.
Paul Wilkinson

2010 Double Double

Postby Paul Wilkinson » 07 Jan 2010, 19:47

Up for a challenge?

This season's Double Double is on Sunday March 7; 8 am start at the WOODfine cabin.

We're not yet sure of the route because of the logging this year, but it will be about 60 km, it will be a mix of classic and skate, and it will be lots of fun. Likely route is twice classic counter-clockwise 'round the bottom to the Tanney cabin and back, then three times skate to the Tanney and back. We stop briefly between laps for snacks and such.

Last year (our second) we had eight people ski the whole thing and a few do a partial ski. No lunch or snacks are provided... there's no real organisation of any kind. It's very informal and just for the fun and the challenge of it. The whole thing will, of course, depend on the conditions.

Hope to see you there.

Paul Wilkinson
Paul Wilkinson

Re: 2010 Double Double

Postby Paul Wilkinson » 24 Feb 2010, 18:01

We are still hoping to have the Double Double on March 7. Route TBD.

Hope you can come.
Paul Wilkinson

Postby Paul Wilkinson » 07 Mar 2010, 16:27

Ouch. That was tough.

The 2010 Double Double was completed today by the following hardy skiers.

Dave Woodfine
Tim Hadfield
Dave Rutledge
Doug Hinan
Jamie Elcombe
Kent Crockower
and me
We managed the full 60 km (40 km classic and 20 km skate) despite the very, very challenging conditions.
Lynn Kostchuk, Carmen Chimenti and Gord Caldwell were also there doing very long skis, just slightly shorter.

Thanks to everyone who came and skied with us. And a special thanks to our Olympic groomer Dave for the great trails. See you next year.
gord caldwell

Postby gord caldwell » 08 Mar 2010, 18:44

Hi Paul;
I had great ski yesterday.Thank you for organizing the DD. I wish that I had had time to stay and do the rest of the loop. However I was also glad that I had to go to a rehearsal in Millbrook at 2pm. It was indeed a big challenge to do what I did do, but feel great today and went and did 8km wit the children of Highland Heights today.

Gord Caldwell

Return to “General”