Ski conditions Dec 26, 2010

General discussion on skiing, club news and events, ride sharing and other topics relevant to KNSC.
bruce w

Ski conditions Dec 26, 2010

Postby bruce w » 26 Dec 2010, 16:31

A great day for a ski today, sunny conditions and hard pack for skating. The groomers have done an excellent job levelling the trail over the last week and the conditions are almost perfect in areas with open cover. There are some thin spots on the Kenner south of Tanney and the Kenner/Owl junction is a bit rough (looks like some trucks had been in there taking out the last of the logs). Be sure to persevere through to the Owl as it had some of the best snow conditions (see picture http://www.kawarthanordic.ca/photo.php?id=200). The Kawartha south of Wolf is also a bit thin under the spruce & pines. Still no trackset so keep up the snow dance! Happy skiing.
dferren

Re: Ski conditions Dec 26, 2010

Postby dferren » 27 Dec 2010, 14:14

So, my sense is that there are no trails groomed for classic skiing, that it is flat, hard packed surface. am i correct, thanks
bruce w

Re: Ski conditions Dec 26, 2010

Postby bruce w » 28 Dec 2010, 18:12

There are plenty of folks out classic skiing. There is no trackset yet, but otherwise the skiing is good on the trails that are open (I haven't been around the Laderach loop). The base is good, its solid but not overly hard. Sure, more snow would help but the current conditions are definitely worth a trip.

Return to “General”