The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New for 2014/2015, a 2.5 km lit trail for night skiing!
- Snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- Both classic and skate skis available for rent from local nordic retailers
- Exciting educational programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Pay-and-Display day passes available at the trails
- Yearly memberships available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
Ontario Trillium Foundation
New!! The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant to Kawartha Nordic approved in 2014, we are embarking on an exciting new phase for the club. Trillium Funding will support installation of accessible washrooms and lighting for a 2.5 km loop trail. We are also hiring four positions including groomer, day lodge attendant, head coach and youth program coordinator.
Donations to Kawartha Nordic are appreciated and will help support youth programs, facility upgrades and other improvements. Donations are tax deductable (through Sport IS Development Fund Registered Charitable # BN 88938 6868 RR0001) and may be mailed with cheque to: Kawartha Nordic Ski Club PO Box 1371, Peterborough ON K9J 7H6 or donate online.