The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New for 2014/2015, a 2.5 km lit trail for night skiing!
- Snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- On-site equipment rentals (classic and skate skis plus snowshoes) or from local retailers
- Exciting instructional programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Rates: day passes or annual memberships (seasons pass) available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
- Trail conditions and webcam available here
Closed for the season
We are closed for the season. See you in December. Watch the website and email (members) for volunteer opportunities. Membership registration for the 2016 season will start in October. Please note that our phone is suspended over the summer. Contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook, or Twitter. Have a great summer
Other Sports Have Retirement Speeches
Watch for our new marketing campaign "Other sports have retirement speeches." Thanks @brandhealth
Ontario Trillium Foundation
New!! The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant to Kawartha Nordic approved in 2014, we are embarking on an exciting new phase for the club. Trillium Funding will support installation of accessible washrooms and lighting for a 2.5 km loop trail. We are also hiring four positions including groomer, day lodge attendant, head coach and youth program coordinator.