The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New for 2014/2015, a 2.5 km lit trail for night skiing!
- Snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- On-site equipment rentals (classic and skate skis plus snowshoes) or from local retailers
- Exciting instructional programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Rates: day passes or annual memberships (seasons pass) available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
- Trail conditions and webcam available here
New this year! Ski under the lights on a new 2.5 km lit trail. Lights are on until 9pm every day of the week. We are offering a new special night pass rate of $8 (after 4pm) payable at the trailer or self-serve kiosk (members ski free). Come on out for a mid-week ski under the lights!
It's not too late to purchase your membership for the 2014/2015 season! Please see the membership page for more information or click the button below to register online through Zone4.
Rentals and Lessons
Wild Rock Outfitters are joining forces with KNSC for a 4th season. The WRO Outpost will offer ski and snowshoe rentals and ski lessons. The WRO Outpost is located in the KNSC parking lot. Rentals include classic and skate equipment and snowshoes.
Hours of operation:
Registration is now open for Sunday ski lessons. See the event calendar for more information.
Ontario Trillium Foundation
New!! The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant to Kawartha Nordic approved in 2014, we are embarking on an exciting new phase for the club. Trillium Funding will support installation of accessible washrooms and lighting for a 2.5 km loop trail. We are also hiring four positions including groomer, day lodge attendant, head coach and youth program coordinator.