The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- Both classic and skate skis available for rent from local nordic retailers
- Exciting educational programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Pay-and-Display day passes available at the trails
- Yearly memberships available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
Kawartha Enduro Results Posted
Results from the Kawartha Enduro are now posted (http://www.kawarthanordic.ca/event.php?id=27)!
Lost and Found
Kawartha Nordic is a busy place and sometimes things do go missing. If you've lost or found something please check the lost and found box in the Woodfine Chalet (inside the main doors beside the ski patrol room). You can also post a note to the KNSC Forums. Labelling your gear (skis, poles, boots, ski bag) is also a great way to keep track of them (especially on weekends the ski racks have a lot of similar looking gear and bags). Enjoy the snow!!!
Wild Rock Outpost at KNSC
The Wild Rock Outfitters Nordic Outpost is open. The Oupost is located in a trailer at the KNSC trail head. The trailer will be open the week of March break: Friday March 7 10am-4pm, Sat. March 8 9am-4pm, Sun. March 9 9am-4pm, Mon 10 to Friday 14 10am-4pm, Sat. March 15 9am-4pm, Sun. March 16 9am-4pm
Reserve classic or skate ski rentals, sign-up for ski lessons or inquire about their waxing services by calling the Wild Rock Ski Outpost during business hours (phone 705.760.2013) or drop in to say hello.
KNSC trail passes will be sold at the Wild Rock Ski Outpost during business hours (credit card, debit and cash accepted). After-hours please use the fee box (cash only) located beside the Wild Rock trailer. The trailer has a wax room with ski forms and irons which is open to members.
Looking for ski or snowshoe rentals? Wild Rock Outfitters operates a rental shop at the trailhead of Kawartha Nordic. Classic and skate equipment and snowshoes are all available for rental. Visit their website for more information or call 705-760-2013 to reserve.
Ontario Trillium Foundation
The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant, we were able to make trail improvements to allow for skate skiing. In addition, we have purchased new grooming equipment to help with trail maintenance.