The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New for 2014/2015, a 2.5 km lit trail for night skiing!
- Snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- Both classic and skate skis available for rent from local nordic retailers
- Exciting educational programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Pay-and-Display day passes available at the trails
- Yearly memberships available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
The Kitchen Party is back! Save the date on November 15 for a great evening of music and food. Hosted again at the Canadian Canoe Museum, this year's party will feature singer/song writer Melissa Payne and of course some great silent auction items. More...
Purchase tickets online or in person at Wild Rock Outfitters and Adventure Outfitters.
Program and Membership Registration
Youth program and membership registration for the 2014/2015 season is now open! Please see the membership or program pages for more information or click the button below to register online through Zone4.
Looking for used or new nordic ski equipment? Check out these ski swaps and local retailers Or, post a note to the KNSC Buy/Sell Forum or the KNSC Facebook page with details on what equipment you're looking to buy or sell.
Adventure Outfitters, Lakefield
Ski swap Nov 9 - 17th. Drop off equipment - Nov 8, 2013
Buy or sell used equipment - sale extends into the winter. We accept used skis, boots and poles on a consignment basis.
Trips and Trails Adventure Outfitting, Bancroft
Wild Rock Outfitters, Peterborough
Gear swap Saturday November 8th 10 am. Bring in your used Nordic Ski and Snowboard gear the week of Nov 3 – 7 (before 6pm) to sell at the Swap. Sell for 100% store credit or 80% cash back.
There is lots of work to be done to get the trails ready for winter and to work on the Trillium Project. If you have time to volunteer, we would greatly appreciate the extra hands! No experience necessary. Just come prepared to work, rain or shine, and bring your own gloves, lunch and water. Meet at the WOODfine Chalet 9am-4pm.
September 27 and 28 - it's summer again! weather is beautiful, come work around the chalet on the Trillium Project
October 4 and 5 - extra hands are needed this weekend to help with backfilling the trenches and to prepare the posts for the trail lighting
October 10, 11, 12 - help clear the trails of fallen branches, stones, and cut back new growth
For Trillium Project updates please click here.
No Turning Back
|Devil's Elbow Racing Club is hosting the Warren Miller film 'No Turning Back'
What: 2014 Warren Miller Ski and Snowboard Film "No Turning Back"
Where: Showplace Theatre - Peterborough
When: Friday, November 28th, 2014 (7:00 PM)
Why: Portion of Proceeds to Devil's Elbow Racing Club for purchase of additional safety equipment
Tickets: $15 - Available at Devil's Elbow Ski and Snowboard Shop (Parnell's), Devil's Elbow Open House November 1st & 2nd, Wild Rock Outfitters Peterborough, Online
Ontario Trillium Foundation
New!! The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant to Kawartha Nordic approved in 2014, we are embarking on an exciting new phase for the club. Trillium Funding will support installation of accessible washrooms and lighting for a 2.5 km loop trail. We are also hiring four positions including groomer, day lodge attendant, head coach and youth program coordinator.