The Best Cross-Country Skiing in the Kawarthas!
- Located just 40 minutes north of Peterborough, and 2 hours from Toronto
- Groomed ski trails, including 34 km of classic trails and 13.5 km of skating trails; plus 10 km of wilderness trails
- New snowshoe trail following a 10 km loop through beautiful Canadian Shield terrain
- Four picturesque trail-side cabins equipped with wood stoves and first-aid equipment
- Patrolled on weekends by the Canadian Ski Patrol
- Beautiful trails in a wilderness setting
- Fantastic accommodations in the area—make a weekend of it!
- Both classic and skate skis available for rent from local nordic retailers
- Exciting educational programs for skiers of all ages and abilities
- Pay-and-Display day passes available at the trails
- Yearly memberships available
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the trails
KNSC: 30 Dedicated Years 1974-2004
Marjorie Shephard is selling copies of her wonderful book on the history of the Kawartha Ski Tour and Kawartha Nordic Ski Club. This is a fantastic read with interesting stories and pictures of the first 30 years of KNSC. Click here to order it online.
Ontario Trillium Foundation
The Kawartha Nordic Ski Club gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Foundation, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, receives $100 million annually in government funding. Thanks to their generous grant, we were able to make trail improvements to allow for skate skiing. In addition, we have purchased new grooming equipment to help with trail maintenance.